Domaines de compétence: Mathématiques appliquées, Systèmes électriques intelligents (smartgrids)
Andrea Michiorri is a Research Engineer at the Centre for Energy and Process of Mines Paristech within the group ERSEI. In this group he is the responsible for researches on the area of intelligent networks and the integration of distributed and renewables resources. His current research interests are in the application of proactive predictive techniques to the management of the power system and on power system components dynamic thermal rating.
Andrea obtained a MEng in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Rome "La Sapienza" and a PhD from the School of Engineering of Durham University (UK). Before joining Mines-Paristech he worked for Smarter Grid Solutions.
Pubblications - Journals
- R. Dupin, A. Michiorri, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘Optimal Dynamic Line Rating Forecasts Selection Based on Ampacity Probabilistic Forecasting and Network Operators’ Risk Aversion’, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, pp. 1–1, 2019.
- A. Bracale, P. Caramia, P. De Falco, A. Michiorri, and A. Russo, ‘Day-Ahead and Intraday Forecasts of the Dynamic Line Rating for Buried Cables’, IEEE Access, vol. 7, pp. 4709–4725, 2019.
- F. Teng, R. Dupin, A. Michiorri, G. Kariniotakis, Y. Chen, and G. Strbac, ‘Understanding the Benefits of Dynamic Line Rating Under Multiple Sources of Uncertainty’, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 3, pp. 3306–3314, 2018.
- A. Michiorri, J. Lugaro, N. Siebert, R. Girard, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘Storage sizing for grid connected hybrid wind and storage power plants taking into account forecast errors autocorrelation’, Renewable Energy, vol. 117, pp. 380–392, 2018.
- C. A. Correa-Florez, A. Gerossier, A. Michiorri, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘Stochastic operation of home energy management systems including battery cycling’, Applied Energy, vol. 225, pp. 1205–1218, 2018.
- S. Camal, A. Michiorri, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘Optimal Offer of Automatic Frequency Restoration Reserve From a Combined PV/Wind Virtual Power Plant’, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, vol. 33, no. 6, pp. 6155–6170, 2018.
- C. A. Correa-Florez, A. Gerossier, A. Michiorri, R. Girard, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘Residential electrical and thermal storage optimisation in a market environment’, CIRED - Open Access Proceedings Journal, vol. 2017, no. 1, pp. 1967–1970, 2017.
- A. Michiorri et al., ‘Forecasting for dynamic line rating’, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 52, pp. 1713–1730, 2015.
- W. KONG, D. WANG, C. FOOTE, and others, ‘Improving state estimation accuracy for active network management using advanced modelling techniques’, Proceedingsofthe21stInternationalConferenceonElectricity Distribution (CIRED’11), June, vol. 6, no. 9, 2011.
- A. Michiorri, P. C. Taylor, and S. C. E. Jupe, ‘Overhead line real-time rating estimation algorithm: Description and validation’, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A: Journal of Power and Energy, vol. 224, no. 3, pp. 293–304, 2010.
- S. C. E. Jupe, P. C. Taylor, and A. Michiorri, ‘Coordinated output control of multiple distributed generation schemes’, IET Renewable Power Generation, vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 283–297, 2010.
- A. Michiorri, P. C. Taylor, S. C. E. Jupe, and C. J. Berry, ‘Investigation into the influence of environmental conditions on power system ratings’, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers Part M: Journal of Engineering for the Maritime Environment, vol. 223, no. 4, pp. 743–757, 2009.
- S. Jupe, P. Taylor, A. Michiorri, and C. Berry, ‘An evaluation of distributed generation constrained connection managers’, Proc. 6th Mediterranean Conference on Generation, Transmission and Distribution, 2008.
Pubblications - Conferences
- C. A. Correa, A. Gerossier, A. Michiorri, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘Optimal scheduling of storage devices in smart buildings including battery cycling’, in 2017 IEEE Manchester PowerTech, Manchester, United Kingdom, 2017, pp. 1–6.
- S. Camal, A. Michiorri, G. Kariniotakis, and A. Liebelt, ‘Short-term forecast of automatic frequency restoration reserve from a renewable energy based virtual power plant’, in 2017 IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe (ISGT-Europe), Torino, Italy, 2017, pp. 1–6.
- G. Foggia, A. Neto, A. Michiorri, and A. Bocquet, ‘Coordinated control of dispersed battery energy storage systems for services to network operators’, in 23rd International Conference on Electricity Distribution-CIRED 2015, 2015.
- A. Michiorri, G. Kariniotakis, and F. Foucault, ‘An aggregator for distributed energy storage units under multiple constraints in the nice grid demonstrator’, in CIRED Workshop 2014-Grid operation and congestion management, 2014.
- G. Foggia et al., ‘The Nice Grid project: Using Distributed Energy Resources to Reduce Power Demand through Advanced Network Management’, in 2014 CIGRE Session, 2014.
- A. Michiorri, G. Kariniotakis, A. Bossavy, and R. Girard, ‘The value of schedule update frequency on distributed energy storage performance in renewable energy integration’, in 2013 4th IEEE/PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Europe, ISGT Europe 2013, 2013.
- A. Michiorri, A. Bossavy, G. Kariniotakis, and R. Girard, ‘Impact of PV forecasts uncertainty in batteries management in microgrids’, in 2013 IEEE Grenoble Conference PowerTech, POWERTECH 2013, 2013.
- A. Bossavy, A. Michiorri, R. Girard, and G. Kariniotakis, ‘The impact of available data history on the performance of photovoltaic generation forecasting models’, in IET Conference Publications, 2013, vol. 2013.
- A. Michiorri, R. Girard, G. Kariniotakis, C. Lebosse, and S. Albou, ‘A local energy management system for solar integration and improved security of supply: The Nice Grid project’, in IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference Europe, 2012.
- A. MICHIORRI et al., ‘DYNAMIC LINE RATINGS DEPLOYMENT ON THE ORKNEY SMART GRID’, in CIRED, 21 st International Conference on Electricity Distribution Frankfurt, 6-9 June 2011, 2011.
- W. Kong, D. Wang, C. Foote, G. Ault, A. Michiorri, and R. Currie, ‘Advanced load modelling techniques for state estimation on distribution networks with multiple distributed generators’, in 17th Power Systems Computation Conference, PSCC 2011, 2011.
- C. F. Andrea MICHIORRI Robert CURRIE, Gareth McLORN, ‘AN ASSESSMENT OF THE ECONOMIC IMPACT OF ACTIVE NETWORK MANAGEMENT ALTERNATIVES’, in CIRED 21st International Conference on Electricity Distribution, 2011.
- H. Yip et al., ‘Dynamic thermal rating and active control for improved distribution network utilisation’, in Developments in Power System Protection (DPSP 2010). Managing the Change, 10th IET International Conference on, 2010, pp. 1–5.
- H. T. Yip et al., ‘Dynamic thermal rating and active control for improved distribution network utilisation’, in IET Conference Publications, 2010, vol. 2010.
- A. Michiorri and P. C. Taylor, ‘Forecasting real-time ratings for electricity distribution networks using weather forecast data’, in IET Conference Publications, 2009.
- D. Roberts, P. P. Taylor, and A. Michiorri, ‘Dynamic thermal rating for increasing network capacity and delaying network reinforcements’, in IET Seminar Digest, 2008, vol. 2008.
Pubblications - Other
- R. Dupin and A. Michiorri, ‘Dynamic line rating forecasting’, in Renewable Energy Forecasting, Elsevier, 2017, pp. 325–339.
- A. Michiorri, Power system real-time thermal rating estimation. 2010.
Other information on LinkedIn and GScholar